About Me

My photo
I am an Operations Manager at a snack food company and I hold a Master's Degree in Food Studies from New York University. By night I hang out with my schnauzer and explore the city's newest, strangest, most delicious food and drinks.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Sweet Reviews: Cousin John's Bakery


Only one block away from my apartment in Park Slope is the biggest danger I have encountered since moving here: Cousin John's Bakery. The narrow storefront on 7th Avenue is easy to miss, but once you discover the yummy goodness inside it will be hard to walk past. Better yet, the treats are priced to move.



The huge fruit tarts feature a thick buttery base topped with layered  peaches, apricots or pears. At $4 each, they make a great dessert for two.

I'm also a fan of the cookies ($1 each). Cousin John's has a new selection everyday and the staff are happy to tell you all about them.

But my favorite goody and in my opinion, the best deal, is the apple coffee cake. You get a big square for $2 dollars and the texture is perfect- the apples are not overcooked and the crumbly topping adds a luxurious sweetness.

There are plenty of tables to sit and enjoy your purchases and the kitchen is open so you can watch the bakers work their magic. I hope you'll join me for some coffee and cake at Cousin John's soon!


70 7th Avenue 
Brooklyn, NY 11217
(718) 622-7333


No comments:

Post a Comment