About Me

My photo
I am an Operations Manager at a snack food company and I hold a Master's Degree in Food Studies from New York University. By night I hang out with my schnauzer and explore the city's newest, strangest, most delicious food and drinks.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday Night Cocktails: Blue Owl Edition


Welcome to Friday Night Cocktails, where I share my finds: great drinks and even better deals. For the inaugural edition, I would like to introduce you to my favorite East Village bar: Blue Owl.

The Blue Owl is often overlooked. Even though it is on a popular strip for bar hopping on 2nd Avenue between 12th and 13th Streets, it is on the basement level and easy to miss.




Inside, the bar is swankier and more quiet than most of my watering halls. Jazz plays softly in the background and candles dot the bar and tables. What you need to know is that every night until 8pm and on Wednesday all night, the top shelf cocktails are just $6 (regularly $13).

Six smackers will get you such impressive libations as the Ellison, with Hendrick's cucumber gin, muddled mint and cucumber, and fresh lime juice. Like your drinks a bit more spirit forward? Try the powerful Tammany Fizz. A long pour of wild turkey is balanced with subtle apricot liqueur and fresh blackberries.

Skip the bud light draft, doll yourself up, and head to the Blue Owl.


No comments:

Post a Comment