About Me

My photo
I am an Operations Manager at a snack food company and I hold a Master's Degree in Food Studies from New York University. By night I hang out with my schnauzer and explore the city's newest, strangest, most delicious food and drinks.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Korilla BBQ Truck Review


You know what they say about the best laid plans.

I was on my way home from work with plans for a home cooked vegetable curry dinner. At the grocery I picked up some cauliflower to add to the carrots, potatoes and peas I had at home. Everything was going to plan.

Then I walked the dog, and on my way back along 14th Street between 3rd Avenue and Irving I saw a new food truck: Korilla BBQ. The veggie curry would have to wait for another day.


The Korilla truck has a build-your-own philosophy: Choose a protein (bulgogi, pulled pork, chicken thighs, tofu), pick a starch (rice, tortilla) and deck it all out with your choice of fermented and pickled veggie toppings. I got a rice bowl with the pork and lots of kimchi. At $8, I thought the portion was just right- definitely enough for a hearty meal. And all the guys in the truck were friendly and helped me pick my toppings and sauce.

This was my first experience with Korean BBQ. I found the pork very fatty and that didn't appeal to me. The sauce was really tasty, and the veggies and rice were both great. I would try Korilla (or other Korean BBQ ) again, but I would skip the pork.

How to find Korilla:

LUNCH SERVICE

Monday: Midtown East (55th & Lex)
Tuesday: SoHo (Varick & Vandam)
Wednesday: FiDi (Old Slip & Water St)
Thursday: Midtown East (55th & Lex)
Friday: Flatiron (24th & Park Ave)

DINNER SERVICE

Mon-Thurs: Columbia U. (117th & Amsterdam)

Friday: Union Square (14th & 2-3rd Ave.)


No comments:

Post a Comment