About Me

My photo
I am an Operations Manager at a snack food company and I hold a Master's Degree in Food Studies from New York University. By night I hang out with my schnauzer and explore the city's newest, strangest, most delicious food and drinks.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Gourmet Popsicles- to go!



Popbar is a small, tidy little counter in the West Village, filled with fancy Gelato and Sorbetto on popsicle sticks. I have visited popbar before, but at around $4.50, it is not the kind of indulgence I can afford (or justify) very often.

Lucky for me Groupon recently ran a deal: 6 pops (a pre-chosen variety) in a thermal bag for $12. I picked up my pops today and because they were prepacked, the transaction was fast as lightning. The bag did the trick because even after a 30 minute walk, the pops were frozen solid. Here is what my package looked like when I got it home.


Popbar also provided a handy little guide to tell me what was inside the bag. I am a fan of their chocolate dipped strawberry sorbetto, but I decided to give a hazelnut gelato bar that they included a try.


The hazelnut gelato, crushed hazelnut topping and chocolate dip were a really tasty treat. I look forward to working my way through the rest of the cooler!


No comments:

Post a Comment